Accountability to: Senior support Workers/Shift Leaders/Management team
Responsible for: Chosen Care service users.
Salary: Depending on experience & qualifications) £27.00 sleep-in allowance
Hours: 37 hours per week full time (negotiable part-time/Bank staff)
Holidays: 28 days per annum /pro rata. Bank holidays are not Double time / they are enhanced rate
PT support workers / driving licence essential /salary depending on experience. Send application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Josie.email@example.com
- Promote independence, diversity and rights of service users.
- Work within the policies and procedures of the home and the care plan/risk assessments of each service user.
- Whilst promoting independence of service users ensure they are protected as far as possible from danger and harm.
- Uphold trust and confidence in the service.
- Be accountable for your practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving both your own knowledge and skills and support provided for service users.
- As part of the team you will undertake the necessary tasks and routines of the home, involving service users as far as they are able to.
- Work within boundaries of Health & Safety legislation/policies, using equipment for manual handling of service users and protective clothing provided.
- Maintain confidentially at all times.
Job Related Responsibilities
- Ensure open and effective communication throughout staff team.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for service users, staff and visitors and their property in line with organisational policies and procedures e.g. visitors book, staff keys etc.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate, concise and relevant.
- Attend handover, supervison, appraisals and staff meetings on required.
- Work with collegues, other agencies and the wider community to bring about opportunies,experiences and activities that promote individuality of the service user, e.g. college,holidays,social clubs etc.
- Attend training courses as directed and take responsibility for personal development.
- You may be asked to assume the role of key worker and fulfil the tasks of the role. Undertake any additional duties as agreed to meet the needs and interests of the home and service users.
- Report any maintenance issues to appropriate people.
- Complete your own timesheets to appropriate standards.
- Maintain up-to-date records, including regular care plan and medical notes, taking into account confidentially
- Record and report any accident, mishaps and complaints
- Attend regular staff meetings and team briefings, and contribute towardseffective communication within the home
- Assist service users in the management of their own monies according to Chosen Care procedures and guidelines
Support Workers work co-operatively as part of a team under the general guidance of shift leaders, senior and management of the home. Support workers also need to liase and communicate effectively with other people involved in the support of the service user. Support workers will be prepared to uphold good professional standards when representing Chosen Care Ltd inside and outside the organisation.
Service users specific Duties
- Support individuals to ensure their individuals health needs are fully met supporting them to attend medical appointments if requested and recording the outcome of visits.
- Support individuals with their personal care needs.
- Support individuals to budget appropriately.
- You will be expected to be familiar with the care plans and risk assessments of individuals and know and work within their aims, objectives, policies and procedures of the home.
- Participating in household tasks e.g cooking,cleaning, preparation in the preparing of food which is suitable and appropriate.
- Making appropriate choices in their day to day lives.
- Are actively involved in the provision of service users day care and leisure and encourage and assist service users to use local facilities.
- Act as service users key workers taking a interest in and co-ordinating the needs of a particular service user and working with them in helping set and achieve agreed goals.
- Assist service users in areas of personal health & hygiene by maintaining a Healthy environment encouraging personal cleanliness, regular exercise and satisfactory diet.
- Accompany service users on holiday.
To work with Chosen Care Ltd as a support worker you will need to demonstrate the following qualities in your application and performance at work.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check
- Two satisfactory references
- Willing to undertake mandatory training
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing: and show tact, patience andsensitive and courteousness even in stressful situations
- Willing to take direction from senior/management
- Able to work on own initiative
- Build friendly and supportive relationships with people with learning disabilities
- Able to keep written records appropriately
- Able to pass on relevant information
- Maintain confidentially
- Reliability and the ability to work within a flexible shift system/ percentage of weekend
- Be willing to learn and use new skills appropriate to the job by attending both formal and in house training sessions
- Show a positive attitude to supporting people with learning disabilities
- Relevant experience (e.g. in learning disabilities, residential care or a related field working in a voluntary capacity, on placement or in PID employment)
- Knowledge in mental health
- N.V.Q 2 in Social/health care or equivalent
- Hold a full driving licence
- Physically fit
This post is subject to two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the criminal records bureau.